Thursday, September 15, 2011

Personal Note

So far this last 2 weeks, we have been brain storming new ideas to make new games. After today, each team will have 3 game ideas. Hopefully, each better and more creative than the last.

One thing that I don't get is, are we actually going to make any of the ideas that we have pitched so far. The reason is that some of the games that have been pitched, at least the ones for the group I'm in, look like they are out of scope in the amount of time that we have to complete this game.

I get that we are doing all of this to get into the habit of how a game company works and to get a process engrained in our heads. I just wish that we had some restrictions set, more than just a genre (ie: RTS, vertical shooter, etc), so that we could actually be realistic about the games that we come up with.

I know that at this stage of brainstorming and planning, I'm not suppose to think about anything else in the future, but it's hard not to do that when some of the game that have been pitched require a lot of animation or other things like it that require a ton of time to get them to look good and not just ok.

I think this was a rant more than anything else, but at least I've put some of my concerns out in the open.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment