Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Game Feedback

So I presented my new game idea today, and you can see the very short (3 slides total) power point presentation here.

I have to say that I'm not really good at speaking in front of large groups of people, so I kind of rushed the presentation. I could've done better and taken my time to explain more stuff about my game since some of the Master students had questions about the game afterwards.

I got some really good feed back from the Master students which I will write right here.

The one thing that I remember really well was that one of the students actually told me to change the game play for the game I have in mind. He said that if I really want to get the player to understand the immigrants in the game, that I shouldn't have them play as a soldier but rather as an immigrant. This would allow me to convey to the player the situations that immigrants have to go through to get to this country.

Next, I need to change the genre of the game. I shouldn't have a FPS, but more like an "adventure" type game where the player has to run away from the border patrol or whoever is after him. I don't really know the name of the Master student that said this, but he said that violence isn't really the way that I want to get this idea across in a topic that is very controversial on either side of the issue. He told me to play a certain game to get the idea of what he was talking about, but I couldn't catch the name of it. I'll ask him if I see him again.

They also told me that I need to think more about the game if I do decide to stick with the FPS genre and what would the difference be between the soldier killing everyone vs killing on the bad people. This aspect of the game might make or break the game, so it's very important to get it right.

I got a lot more feedback from some of the other students in the class, but I can't quite remember everything that they said.

Anyways, thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment