Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Game Idea

So now that I've gotten to think in depth about my old game idea, I'm not so sure that I actually like it that much. I know what I want to do with it, but I just don't know if I can put it into word that express what I want correctly. So I've decided to go with a much simpler idea, but it still ties into what I had in mind earlier. Here is what I want to do:

I've been thinking about making a 3D first person shooter (FPS) that is similar to Call of Duty, Metal of Honor, or any of those FPS that have come out recently but with a twist. Instead of making it with a soldier that is in the middle of a war, I want to make him someone that is stationed at the border between Mexico and the USA. His objective is to protect the border and to catch any undocumented immigrants that are trying to cross over.

The soldier is really good at his job, and never really stopped to think about the lives of the people that he arrested while trying to cross the border. One day, he catches some Coyotes trying to smuggle in people but he is also part of a drug cartel. The soldier finds this group of people and tries to arrest them, but they open fire on him. The soldier now has to kill everyone in the group because he doesn't know who is actually hostile and who isn't.

Once the soldier has survived this near death experience, he finds that among the casualties there was innocent people that weren't a threat at all. He feels really bad about this ordeal, but deep down knows that he had to do it to protect himself.

Is from this point on that he comes up with an idea, what if he tries to only find and arrest the bad people and lets the innocent people go.

This is just an idea now, but I think that it might be better than the Angry Birds idea that I had a while back. I will present this idea tonight, and I'll see what other people think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment