Monday, March 7, 2011

Another Power-Up

So the Mountain Dew team needed another power-up model like the cherry that I made for them before, just that this time they wanted a car oil bottle.

I thought this one wasn't going to take me much time since I had a good idea of how I was going to make the model without spending too much time on it. The modeling part was easy, but once I got to the texturing, thats when it got a little tricky.

I like to use Mudbox for texturing because I can see how the model is going to look without having to jump back and forth between Maya and GIMP.

What took me the longest was applying a picture of Mountain Dew Throwback to my model. I don't really use GIMP that often, so I'm still getting used to it and Photoshop is too expensive to buy. :(

Then the specular map wasn't looking the way I wanted it to, so I had to spend a lot of time in Mudbox fixing it so the label wouldn't be shiny like the rest of the bottle.

Anyways, here is the final product:


That's all for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment