Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Oil Bottle

So I created a new power-up for the Mountain Dew team not too long ago, but they were having problems with it. Basically, we couldn't see the texture of the bottle in Unity.

So I think I have fixed it. But I still need Nick to test it. Just incase that the specular map is still causing trouble, I also emailed him a model without a specular map.

Here are the renders:

With Specular Map

Without Specular Map

The difference between the two are really subtle, but they are there.

Also, I had to shorten the neck of the bottle since it was a little too long. Also, I made it look like it has a cap. The last one I made, it only had the top of the neck painted with black to make it look like a cap. With this one, I made sure that it would look like there is a cap on the bottle. Because of that, there is more faces on this model than the last one. But I think it should be ok.

Thats it for now, I'll see if there is anything else that the Mountain Dew team needs. I also haven't heard anything back from the skin cancer team regarding if they need help with some of the art. Maybe I'll ask them directly tonight.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment