Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Cherry

So the cherry that I made for the Mountain Dew team wasn't really working. The model that I had given them was too low in resolution and when they tried to apply the normal map to it, it just looked really weird in Unity.

So today while each team was doing the demo for their first playable, I was busy working on my laptop to try and get it to work right. I was talking to Charlie since he is the one that has the most experience with this stuff, and he told me to just do the color maps and the specular map in Mudbox. Then go back to Maya and apply them to the original model. After all of that, export it as an fbx but use the "export all" option in maya instead of "export selection".

This worked great. I was able to just give them the fbx file to the Mountain Dew team and they din't have to apply any textures to it, since everything was included in the file already.

They were really happy and so was I for being able to figure this problem out.

Here is a render of the new cherry:


Next I have to find textures that have a mechanical feel to them for the various items that we will be using in the game. I don't know if the Mountain Dew team needs me to make more assets for them, but I will ask them. I will also try to get in contact with the Skin Cancer group and see if they need help making assets.

Thats all for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment